rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Installed a new brake power booster on my 2010 edge and now

Customer Question

Installed a new brake power booster on my 2010 edge and now I have no brake pedal at all. Measure old to new on brake booster and everything measured correctly. Took of master cylinder in order to remove the power booster but lost minimal fluids from reservoir due to leaving fill cap on and tight.
The pedal doesn't touch the brake switch at all but not sure why...need help
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
It has to be the wrong booster, it may look right by eye, but there may be an angle difference.

Thanks, Ron