Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Have a 2006, Escape drove it to some food tonight the plus

Customer Question

Have a 2006
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Escape drove it to some food tonight the plus minus light ? went on it was hard to steer then the check engine light came on and a could not accelerate the way I usually do
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can I don't know where to start
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No its a 2006 i bought used just put a new exhaust system in it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

The plus minus with a box around it is the battery light. This light comes on when the battery voltage with the engine running, is outside the 13-15 volt range meaning the charging system is not working correct. With the info so far its looking like your alternator is to blame for these issues. Do you own a volt meter and a scan tool so we can diagnose this together?

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris