Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2007 v6 4.0L mustang. No air comes through my

Customer Question

I have a 2007 v6 4.0L mustang. No air comes through my vents. I have replaced the blower motor, resistor, fan speed switch, and checked all fuses and replaced relays. Air does not come out the defrosters. The actuators are ok because when driving fast enough I can feel air forced through the vents, and I can change its direction and its temperature. But the blower motor doesn't seem to power on. I have read so many threads and tried so many different things. Please help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not inspected for any damaged or shorted wiring leading to the blower resistor or blower motor itself this needs done.If an issue is found with the wiring this will need to be repaired to correct this fault here.I would start with this to see if any issues are found.If this is checked and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have checked with a multimeter all connections and wires.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Check fuse 3 (10 amp) in the smart junction box fuse panel and make sure it is o.k. and it has 12 volts across it with the key on or engine running.Check the 30 amp fuse 2 in the bussed electrical center to make sure it is o.k. and has power at all times.Let me know what you come up with here.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Already, also check relays. Everything is running and working
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Do these fuses have power across them?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sir. Test lighted and multimetered
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

O.k.,at the blower motor on the pink wire with white stripe is there voltage on this wire with the engine running and heater blower switched on?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can I test that with a test light or do I need to use the multi meter
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Multi meter is best,you want to see the same as battery voltage usually around 12 volts but if you only have a test light this will work as well.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I connected to a good ground and pulled the connector from the blower motor, I put the test light in the socket on the side with the pink and white wire and no light came on. So unless I did something wrong there is no power
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

O.k.,was the blower motor relay replaced at all and if so is it felt to click on when the blower is turned on or the key is turned on?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It was replaced brand new and tested for click. Everything passed.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

If it clicks on and both of the fuses I had you check eariler are o.k. then the fault is in the wiring leading from this blower motor relay to the blower motor.There is the same pink wire with white stripe at this relay that feeds to the blower motor itself for power.Since you have no power at the blower motor on this wire but the relay does come on then there is a broken wire with this pink/white wire leading from the relay to the blower motor and you need to trace and inspect this wire for the damage to it then repair it.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I never was able to check fuse 2 in the under the hood fuse box, it is a jcass fuse so I'm not sure how to test it. I just visually inspected it and saw no issues.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

If you can remove it test across its terminals with a multi meter to see if it shows a resistance reading.If it does then its good but if the meter shows open circuit then it needs replaced.You may just need to replace this fuse as it may be defective.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was able to test it by removing the small clips the hold the top cover on, I used my test light and with the car on it worked. So both fuses work and the relay works. So your telling me I have to rip the wiring harness off the cluster of wires and trace the pink/white wire? Even when it goes through the firewall which consist of like 50-100 wires all wrapped up together?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there a way I should go about this or just remove all the electrical tape around these 50-100 wore clusters?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I found noting wrong with the wire anywhere
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

I would inspect the harness all the way from the relay to the blower motor.Look at any bends or kinks or tight areas where the harness can rub through.

If found to be o.k. does the blower motor relay click with the key on and blower switched on and off?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have done a lot since your last reply. Yes the relay clicks. Has also been taken off and tested with multi meter. Everything on relay works. I am thinking it's the pink/white wire in on of my connectors. Or maybe it's a bad ground somewhere??
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

It sounds like the wire itself.If the relay is clicking then the signals to the relay are o.k. and you know the fuses are o.k.Make sure the fuse #2 has power to it as well.If it does not then there is an issue there we need to check into but if it does have power you have to have an issue with this wire leading from the relay to the blower or connections at this relay.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How can I check these connections? I see the wire goes through two... C212 and c210. Also. For fuse 2, should I check it for 12v coming through it, I saw that sometimes test lights can light up with 6v and the blower motor may need 12v to work. If so how can I test a fuse for voltage output with my multimeter
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

You need to test one of the terminals that the fuse plugs into with a multi meter set on DC volts with the ground lead connected to a good ground and the red positive lead testing one of the terminals the fuse plugs into for at or right around 12 volts DC.I dont show the wiring routing for this wire here to tell you how to check it but I usually follow the wire in the harness in some cases cutting it away from the wiring loom to inspect it fully as well as any connections with it.Make sure you have power at this fuse first though before you do this.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will do this in the morning as is it late hear so it may be a while. But so I know, should I just check fuse two in the under hood fuse box, or should I also test the in cabin fuse for climate control?
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Test both of them.I suspect the cabin fuse is o.k. since the relay clicks but test them both with key on and let me know when your ready.I do have some running around to do today but I will reply back if needed when I can.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I checked my cabin fuse and it's at 12v. I'm going to check my relay for 12 v as well even tho its new. But yah in pretty sure everything has 12 v
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Checked the pink/white connector again for voltage this time and it's getting 9v
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Found a crease in the wire. Uncreased it and blower motor got full 12 V and worked. But it sometimes would shut off, so I went to check it again with multi meter and right when I poked the wire, the blower motor went and stayed on. Does this mean maybe the blower motors ground is bad? Because the multi meter was hooked up to a diff ground. I'm new to electrical systems so I'm just wondering. If so how can I bypass that ground, because I can't seem to trace the wire and find the g200 ground
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Did you find any other issues with the pink wire needing repaired and if you wiggle the pink wire with no tester on it does the blower motor start to operate at all then?