EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

The CD Player will not allow me to put in a CD. Can you

Customer Question

The CD Player will not allow me to put in a CD. Can you repair it?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: So I have a Ford Freestar minivan. The radio works fine on AM and FM, but the CD player will not accept a CD. It is blocked or otherwise not opeing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: It would be nice to fix it myself - are tghere directiosn?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: Just the CD Player
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 8 months ago.

Hi. The cd players are not repairable at the dealer level. There is a swap program with an audio distributor available to dealers where for about 150 dollars you can swap your radio for the same factory unit. This may be a good option if you really want the cd player to work.