Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

2013 Taurus won't start. Get all lights bells and whistles

Customer Question

2013 Taurus won't start. Get all lights bells and whistles and a message th as t says system start fault. Just started yesterday HELP!!
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm trying to fix . Stick key in ignition and when I turn on everything comes on. Then no start and the alarm goes off and I get the message "system start fault"
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: Nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This message is to let you know the vehicle will not start due to the security/theft has engaged.Try locking and unlocking the vehicle with the key or remote and see if it starts then.If this does not work if you have a second key try it and see if the engine then starts and runs.If it does then the first key needs replaced to correct this here.

If you do not have a second key or if this does not allow starting at all next will be to have the fault codes checked/read out with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and correct the fault here.

I have seen the key fail as well as the immobilizer/transceiver itself needing replaced.The fault codes will need checked/read out to see what codes are set to help locate the fault here for repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete