Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2015 F150 Platinum was air tight and super quite when I

Customer Question

My 2015 F150 Platinum was air tight and super quite when I got it. After a while I noticed that I no longer had to crack a window when my young son closed the door. I noticed over time that road noise was getting extremely loud as if the rear doors had large gaps.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I suspect the door catches need adjustment.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

As long as the doors line up and have not moved its not likely they need adjustment but more likely the seals need to be replaced. You can determine which door it is by taking some masking tape and sealing the doors on the out side by taping over the cracks one door at a time. Once you get the right door the noise should change and that would be the suspect door and replace the door seal should resolve this issue.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks. I wouldn't expect seals to go bad in 3 or 4 months on a brand new truck. Is this often a problem?
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

You would not expect them to for sure but its not likely the doors have moved either. You can at least take some making tape and see if that will narrow it down and if its the seals you should check with your dealer and see if they will help you with the cost of the repair if needed.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.