Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My name is ***** *****. I have a 96 mustang GT that I got as

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** *****. I have a 96 mustang GT that I got as a rolling chassis. We put a 98 cobra engine in it and all runs well and good, except I am throwing code p0412 for the secondary air injection system. The car is completely missing the pump. I ordered a pump along with all hoses but now I cannot find where the pump plugs in. I pulled the wheel off and the shield, and there are no extra plugs anywhere. Is it possible that this car just didn't come with the air pump from factory? Not sure how to get this car to pass inspection now
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 96 mustang GT that I got as a rolling chassis. We put a 98 cobra engine in it and all runs well and good, except I am throwing code p0412 for the secondary air injection system. The car is completely missing the pump. I ordered a pump along with all hoses but now I cannot find where the pump plugs in. I pulled the wheel off and the shield, and there are no extra plugs anywhere. Is it possible that this car just didn't come with the air pump from factory? Not sure how to get this car to pass inspection now
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

See if the PCM connector has a white wire at pin 5. If so then its wired for the air pump. The connector should be below the air filter behind the passenger headlight. Below is a link to a wire diagram if needed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/AIR.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris