Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 1999 ford dullyF350 deasel. The fuel pump won't cut

Customer Question

I have a 1999 ford dullyF350 deasel. The fuel pump won't cut on. I've checked the fuses they seem to be fine. I ran a cord from the battery to the pump it works.the wait to start light doesn't come on. What can I do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There just is no power to the pump. It was working fine until I went to start it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

1. Check fuse 30 30amp for me, is it blown?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuses are good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was running fine then I went to start it and nothing. All the fuses seem to be good and ran power from the battery to the pump it comes on. Just no power to the fuel pump and the "wait to start light" doesn't even come on.

Thanks, ***** ***** key on is there battery voltage to the glow plug and intake manifold heater relay red wire on top of the engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is power

Thanks, ***** ***** power at the inertia switch dark green/yellow wire with the key on?

Fuse 19 20amp good and showing battery voltage?

Do you know where the instrument panel relay block is under the dash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Power is good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could the fuel bowl have caused this to happen if it's no good?

The fuel bowl will not effect the fuel pump.

Use the link below to finish up the testing for no fuel pump operation.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/fuepump.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The inertia switch is suppose to have power?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry just checked the inertia switch again and the is no power
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm trying to help my husband but he became confused

Does he know where the fuel pump relay is in the instrument panel relay box behind the dash.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he doesn't

The relay block is above the drivers right shin and to the right. Turn on the hazard lights and follow the clicking. The turn signal relay is in the same block. We need to remove the pump relay and confirm there are 2 power pins there with the key on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We will try it tomorrow thank u

Your welcome