Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Just tried to start my 2009 f150 acting different just

Customer Question

Just tried to start my 2009 f150 acting different just cranks no start red light flashing on dash with a lock and a truck
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Never not started before just cranks and red light on dash flashing with a lock and a truck
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. That flashing lock light means there is a problem in the PATS (passive anti theft system) . Do you have another key for this truck by chance? if so, have you tried both of them?