rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2004 f150 ,it has been sitting 3 or 4years I can't

Customer Question

I have a 2004 f150 ,it has been sitting 3 or 4years I can't get a brake pedal on it. I have replaced all calipers pads rotors master cylinder and bled and bled it will get apedal but after you let off it has to be pumped up again
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
The brake booster may be bad after sitting that long, the vacuum diaphragm inside of it may be dry rotted.

Thanks, Ron