Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 1989 F250 supercab. It was factory wired with a

Customer Question

I have a 1989 F250 supercab. It was factory wired with a trailer tow package. The Trailer wiring package is currently dead at the back end of the truck. I have replaced the trailer towing relay-with no change. I am not sure what activates this relay--but need help in completing the project. tkx phil
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** they ship them from the factory, usually they leave out the fuses for the trailer tow package, which engine do you have in this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
460, 5 speed manual tran-4x4
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
460,5speed manual tran-4x4
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tim--any success with the fuse location?? tkx phil
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tim, prior to initiating this call for assistance--I had followed down the schematics that I have and did not find any open fuse links. Can you advise where I might look for 8 opened fuses? I have been working on this for almost a week and am most anxious to complete the trailer tow wiring. tkx phil
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tim, I do not agree that suggesting the fuses might have not been included was a complete answer. You asked me for the engine type--I thought you were still researching a more complete response. As noted during our exchange--I had already checked all the fuses holders/relays that I could find--without any success. I waited through Friday for additional info--but have since moved on to another source for assistance. I am sorry if there was mis-communication on my part. phil