Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Dear maybe you can help me I have felt all day putting wires

Customer Question

good afternoon dear maybe you can help me I have felt all day long putting wires back together front drive shaft came out of 08 6.4 Super Duty*****automatic transmission for the wiring harness that goes to transmission and transfer God always put back together got got all wires put back together still it will not shift into overdrive please help me if you can
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes it's going to Louisiana I am in Kansas right now Independence Kansas but is leaving in the morning going to Louisiana no overdrive I'll just have to drive a little slower but I got it going shifting and transfer engaging and disengaging from 2 to 4 but cannot get it to shift to overdrive too many brown wires with white stripe too many white wires with orange stripe I'll swap them all around and has not helped
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: told you there's a bat 1520 wires and that harness that goes up and then sticks on the transmission Electric Terminals and the transfer that harness was torn in two when the transfer case exploded into two pieces bought another transfer put it in today and hooked on wires up will not shift into overdrive just spent $3,800 having transmission rebuilt less than 1200 miles to go
JA: I'm here.
Customer: I need to know the proper name of that harness that goes to the transmission and transfer it plugs in a brain back there under the back of the cab of the truck and then it goes back up front in the engine compartment I did not follow that out if it got dark on me
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: I have looked in Hayes Motors I have looked in Chilton's motor manual cannot find the information on that particular wiring diagram that plugs in would be your neutral safety switch your passing gear just like three plugs on the transmission and the one on the transfer case
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
object no wires are crossed I have triple checked it thought I may have Miss colored and they are all correct but some were torn completely apart did not know whether same blue with green stripe which one it went on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

1. While driving is the tow/haul light flashing?