Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have 1997 f150 4X4 auto trans. I have a flashing overdrive

Customer Question

I have 1997 f150 4X4 auto trans. I have a flashing overdrive light. I have a code reader and the codes are p1000, p1500 and p0503. I have changed the Speed sensor and the gears. I also had some bad battery cables and they have been repaired. I can start my truck and drive it to work and the OD light flashes. I have started it on several occasions and read the codes drove to work got the od light . I tried to read the codes again and it says no codes found. I removed the reader and reinserted and still no codes found. When I turn the truck of and restart then read I am able to read the codes again. Is there any way to isolate this problem?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What are you lookn for?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service to you, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased with my assistance and will rate me Good or Excellent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Does the speedometer work while driving?
  2. Any transmission symptoms noticed?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No speedometer issues and the transmission operates normal
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I replaced the sensor ang gears the trams operated better. I.e. Shifting improved

Thanks, ***** ***** just means code were recently cleared. Code 1500 and 0503 are for the speed sensor. Did you install the updated gear F7TZ-17285-AA when you replaced the gear? Did you confirm the gear is tight and not loose inside the transfer case? Next we need to check the wiring to the sensor for chaffing or poor pin contact in the connectors.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

Please make sure to complete the rating 1-5 STARS on your screen when your pleased. The email survey is for the website, it does not compensate me.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Do you still need help on this concern?

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris