Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified. Auto Transmission rebuilder for Ford Motor Co. from 91 to 2000

Have 2010 f 150 no start with flashing security light, has

Customer Question

have 2010 f 150 no start with flashing security light
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: has p1260 code
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: an auto tech in my home town
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: just codes 1000 an 1260 failure type 00 stratogy 2b
JA: Our top Ford Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Ford Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Ford Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Do you have 2 keys for this truck by chance? If so, have you tried both of them, it is a PATS issue if the security light is flashing, that light should come on for a few seconds, and go out with the key on.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
tryed 2 sets of keys
Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.

Alright, It's likely the transceiver that reads the keys then. Have you tried one of those yet?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no i have not wear is that located
Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.

It is located on the ignition lock cylinder, it reads the key, if you pull the screws out of the plastic column shroud, you'll see it around the ignition lock cylinder. Google "2010 F150 transceiver" for online vendors, or get one from a junkyard on the cheap. Dealer is fairly proud of them. if that does not fix it, then I have seen them lose key memory before, not sure why that happens, and usually it's when one sits for a long time and the battery voltage gets low. If the transceiver doesn't fix it, i'd call mobile locksmith out, have him double check key programming, and if necessary, Re-program the keys you have. Most of them have invested in the equipment to do that now. I believe a transceiver will fix it though. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks ed how do u reprogram the keys
Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.

You have to have 2 working programmed keys in order to program additional keys, you can have a total of 8 for that truck, But without 2 working keys, you need IDS software or a T300 key programmer. The information is on page 139 140 of the owners manual if you want to read about the anti theft system. Here is a link to it.