Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Marty I have a 2004 f150 and out of no where reverse just

Customer Question

hi marty I have a 2004 f150 and out of no where reverse just quit working. tranny problem or is there something else to check. even with*****ingaged still no reverse
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: every thing else works just fine, drives forword fine even though I quit driving it scence this happened. never showed any sighnes of any problem untel it just quit working. when in revers the rpm guage just revs up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

in most cases, this is a mechanical failure internally whether it is a band or a clutch failure. even if you had an electrical failure with the check engine light, it should still engage into reverse.

did you check the fluid??? look at the condition and see if it smells burned