Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years

2010 left front brake hung up twice stopped t brakes a

Customer Question

2010 left front brake hung up twice stopped hit brakes a couple times and then released
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the left front brake hangs up. gets hot but eventually releases when tapping brakes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just started now have not done anything
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

with it just being one front wheel doing this and not both front wheels locking up the issue will be specific to that wheel of the caliper itself or the rubber brake hose bad at that wheel or the caliper slides or the pads binding in the caliper pad holders

the best action to get is to get that wheel to lock up and then with it locked up open the steel line into the rubber flex line for that wheel and see if it will release the odds are it will not then loosen the rubber flex hose where it connects into the caliper if it releases the hose is bad if it still will not release then it is the caliper or the caliper slides sticking

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer