A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance

An the anti theft is on my truck an I need to dis arm it so

Customer Question

an the anti theft is on my truck an I need to dis arm it so it will crank
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Our keys will not crank my truck an the anti theft light is on how to disarm it so we can crank our truck
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 7 months ago.

What year and model truck?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Is the red theft light in the cluster flashing rapidly when you turn the key to on or start?

Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) cannot be disabled or bypassed. It uses a chip inside the key to allow the vehicle to start. The Instrument cluster reads the chip and sends that information to the PCM (Engine Computer) to allow the vehicle to start. If the vehicle will not crank, then try the other key. If you only have one key, then you will need to have the PATS system tested for trouble codes and diagnosed to find out what is causing the problem. But again, the PATS theft system cannot be bypassed or turned off.