James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

I decided to fix the F450 we last spoke about. I replaced

Customer Question

Hey James, I decided to fix the F450 we last spoke about. I replaced the turbo, the dpf filter, the catalytic converter, and the charge air cooler. They said all of these needed replacing not just cleaning. And since I am in need of the truck and cant afford to let it be repoed, I went on this wild goose chase. So, I go to pick the truck up yesterday and drive it home which is less than 3mi and when I get out I immediately notice a steady oil leak coming from near where the transmission and motor bolt up at. I immediately take it back to shop but they are unsure whats causing it to leak. I never had any oil leaks before having this work you have any suggestions?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 7 months ago.
The oil leak is liking going up to the valley of the engine. It could be one of the turbo seals is leaking. That would be my guess since the turbo was just replaced. I would ask them about it again and see if they can find where the leak is. It's possible there was a mistake. This would be an expensive mistake to make but it does happen
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expensive for who? Shouldn't their work be warrantied? I literally drove it for less than 6 miles. They claimed they test drove it twice, once on Thursday when they finished the work and again on friday morning. Which is why I didn't understand how one of them didn't see the leak immediately following their test drive.
Expert:  James replied 7 months ago.
It should be under warranty yes unless a technician made a mistake. That's an expensive mistake. That is what I meant. I would ask to show the service advisor under they vehicle so they see it as well. It shouldn't cost you anything
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They looked at it this morning and said it was a missing turbo o ring. I just picked it up and I don't see any leaks, thanks for your help.
Expert:  James replied 7 months ago.
That's what I figured they would find. Glad you were able to get the concern fixed free of charge. Please remember to rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you