A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

I have a 08 ford mustang convetible and my issue is that

Customer Question

Hello, i have a 08 ford mustang convetible and my issue is that after stating the vehicle the rpms drop and sometime it will stall gave me a code po340 i hve changed the sensors crankshaft & camshaft and still having the issue also replaced battery & alternator.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i would like to but reading all the complaints on these issues i'm not sure if i can.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Ford Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Ford Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Ford Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 8 months ago.

What engine does your Mustang have, V6 or V8?
Will the engine stay running if you keep your foot on the gas?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
4.0 it will stay running after the rpm draw down.

Try cleaning the throttle body first with a good throttle body cleaner. A sticking throttle body can cause the stall and the code.