rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My 2003 ford expidition shut down while driving down the

Customer Question

My 2003 ford expidition shut down while driving down the interstate. It stated spitting and then shut down.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just fueled up about 5 miles back and was running fine. Then I started loosing power. I was able to limp down the shoulder for a few miles, but then it quit.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Either BAD FUEL or the fuel pump has just failed.

Thanks, Ron