rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Searfoss Ford Five Hundred, Check Engine Light on with a

Customer Question

Searfoss Ford Five Hundred
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Check Engine Light on with a P0106 Map Sensor error.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

Check the circuit first including the MAP with a vacuum pump to see if it actually changes attached to a lab scope.

Thanks, Ron