Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

2010 F150, just had the factory radio replaced with a

Customer Question

2010 F150, just had the factory radio replaced with a factory rebuild radio, now I'm not able to use the controls on the steering wheel for radio control. I can use the controls for the sync on my phone for making and receiving calls. What would I need to do to get my steering wheel and radio to work together again?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

The radios are considered modules and are programmed to the vehicles. If you are using the same model as the last one or a simialr model, then the next step is to have Best Buy, Ford, or another audio shop program it to link up to the truck so the controls will work.

I ran into that issue with mine in my personal vehicle and Best Buy was able to do it for $39. They program the radio to use the controls in the vehicle like they are supposed to be used.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy