Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

Changed front brake pads and 1 caliper. Brake pedal still

Customer Question

Changed front brake pads and 1 caliper. Brake pedal still goes to the floor after bleeding them
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Keep bleeding brakes but the pedal still goes to the floor
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Bleeding brake lines . There doesn't seem to be any more air in the lines
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No I don't think so
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, year? model? engine? and how and what order are you bleeding and,, was this the problem initially? and why a caliper?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2006 f250 with 6.0. Tore the rubber on the caliper when removing so had to get a new one .
Pumping up brakes . Opening bleeder until pedal goes down . Tighten . Repeat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

thanks, but , you have to bleed all brakes and in certain order, did you do this or only the one and were brakes going to floor before the work

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We bled both fronts
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

You are not answering all my questions, I have been asking if the low pedal was there before the brake work

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I had pedal b4
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

I need to opt out,another expert should be along soon to help

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Does the brake warning light come on when you press down the brake pedal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tbs warning
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

What?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I push the brake pedal down it says TBC fault
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

TBC, ok at first you said TBS.

That has to do with the trailer brake module.

If the brake pressure warning light don't come on then there is no air in the system.

Did you start the engine yet and pump the brake pedal a few ties to push out the caliper pistons?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

the instrument cluster will display "TBC FAULT" if it is receiving communications from the TBC module but the instrument cluster has not been configured for a trailer brake system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I drove it down the road . It'll stop if u pump the brakes . It just don't hold pressure
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Perhaps there is a problem with the brake booster then. Since this has a Diesel and most likely a vacuum pump and/or hydro-boost or whatever I will not be able to help because I am not a Diesel expert but I did look up the troubleshooting steps for that TBC fault so I figure I would give that to you anyhow.

I doubt if the 2 are related though.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** expert here.

The caliper that was replaced was that on the front or rear?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Front driver side
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, the bleeder screw is on top of the caliper correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, have you checked the calipier slide pins, sometimes these would sieze in the caliper bracket, are these free?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to check . I have to go to work now so it looks like tomorrow's problem ! Thanks for your time and expertise
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Ok not a problem, let me know what you find or if you have more questions, thanks Scott

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where r the slide pins ?
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Right where the caliper itself bolts, there are pins in the caliper bracket that need to slide freely, they would sometimes would rust solid.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Have you found your problem?