Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I just had the battery replaced on 2009 Mustang conv. Now

Customer Question

I just had the battery replaced on 2009 Mustang conv. Now when I open the door there is a clicking noise about 8-10 times. I went back to place that installed the battery; they said it's anti-theft issue (?)
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Will the vehicle crank and start?
  2. Is the door glass going up and down a small amount when the door is opened and closed?
  3. Where on the vehicle does the noise seem to come from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Yes the car cranks fine. 2. yes the glass is still going up and down; including the small amount when the door is closed. 3. Noise is coming from inside the dash around the radio area.

Thanks, ***** ***** not the anti theft system, it would not crank if that is the case. Are there any aftermarket electronics on the vehicle? Does this occur each time the doors are opened, running or not?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

Please make sure to complete the rating on your screen when your pleased.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No after market electronics. Yes, when I open the door to get in AND when I turn off and get out of the car. It seems to be triggered by opening the door.

I am having a hard time figuring this one out. Anything in the vehicle not working to your knowledge and or pulsing when this occurs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, everything works fine. Just the clicking noise when the door opens. It clicks about 8 times; then stops.

Is the noise coming from the fuse box inside the vehicle?