Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair

What is :lack of Ho2s-11 switching sensor indicator

Customer Question

what is :lack of Ho2s-11 switching sensor indicator
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 7 months ago.

There is an Oxygen Sensor before the Converter and also one after the converter. The sensor examines the exhaust going into the converter and then out. The two sensors then communicate and compare their readings. The oxygen sensors will then tell the on-board computer the results, which in turn is used to modify the fuel/air ratio in accordance to what the sensors are reading. If the sensors say the mixture is too rich, the on-board computer adjusts by lowering fuel in the mixture. So when one sensor is not communicating well enough, this will lead to this issue. So basically... the Oxygen Sensor for Bank1/Sensor1 is beginning to fail and will need to be replaced. The sensor is mounted to the passenger's side exhaust mounted to the pipe before the Converter. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, replace the sensor. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 7 months ago.