Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have 97 ranger with the 2.3, auto with 209,000 miles.

Customer Question

I have 97 ranger with the 2.3, auto with 209,000 miles. While driving, the truck seems to run fine and sometimes starts a fast idle up to 35 mph. This may last 30 seconds up to several minutes. Even when not running the a/c. The mechanic says no codes are shown. I have changed the IAC, TPS, computer and cleaned the airflow sensor, no change. What am I missing?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service to you, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased with my assistance and will rate me Good or Excellent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you unplug the IAC does this drop the idle to about 500 rpms and resolve the idle issues?

Have you monitored the fuel pressure, MAF sensor reading and cleaned the throttle body?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

Please make sure to complete the rating on your screen when your pleased.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris