Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2008 Ford Escape XLT 4cyl. with 61,000 miles. I

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Ford Escape XLT 4cyl. with 61,000 miles. I went to start it. It acted like it turned over then just quit. I can crank the engine, (in fact it kind of sticks on cranking) but the engine just will not fire. Tank is 3/4 full.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I need to get it started. I'm 40 miles from a dealer.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: Our top Ford Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Ford Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Ford Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

do you have any carb cleaner to spray into the air filter to see if will start and die???

Roy