Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2006 Ford Explorer XLT. Put new switch plus new

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Ford Explorer XLT. Put new switch plus new fuse. Still my mirrors w'ont work. Took drivers side door panel off. Looking for hot wire. Looking yo see if it has current going through it.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Both electric mirors not working
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I changed electric switch. Put in new 15 amp. Fuse.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Are you looking for a diagram to test circtuits? Do you have a multimeter to check for power and ground issues? If needing a diagram, can I get the VIN so I can get the one for the vehicle?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 8 months ago.

Do you still need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No. All I want is my answer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Never got an answer to my question. I d'ont want to talk. On the phone for $26.00.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 8 months ago.

I never made an offer to talk on the phone so I don;t know what that is about...

I asked a question to see what you are looking for and you never replied to that. i can;t answer you if I don't know what you need. I can;t see the vehicle or what you are doing via online.

You took 2 days to get back to me and still haven't responded to my question. Since I don't know what you want and you are not providing it, I will opt out.

Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you still need help with this here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.