Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet

2003 Ford Focus with a 2.0 motor, not getting voltage to the

Customer Question

2003 Ford Focus with a 2.0 motor , not getting voltage to the fuel pump. Installed new fuel pump , checked fuses and fuel pump relay and still no juice. I have a code on my scanner that shows po1237 and says sec circ. Can you help?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.

1. Check the circuits of the Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) to verify the cause of the problem. The FPDM is located under the passenger side of the rear seat.

2. The Green/Orange (GN/OR) wire at FPDM pin 9 should show battery voltage, whenever the ignition key is on, from the fuel pump relay and inertia switch.

3. The Black (BK) wire at FPDM pin 2 is a dedicated ground for the FPDM.

4. The Green/Orange (GN/OR) wire at FPDM pin 10 is power out of the FPDM feeding the fuel pump. This circuit should show battery voltage whenever the key is in the run position.

5. The Black (BK) wire at FPDM pin 3 is the fuel pump ground circuit. This circuit is duty-cycled with a ground signal from the FPDM based on the command from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). Backprobing this circuit with a jumper wire and grounding it should result in 70+ PSI of fuel pressure if there is power to the fuel pump and the pump is good.

6. The Black/White (BK/WT) wire at FPDM pin 1 is the command signal sent from the PCM to the FPDM. The voltage on this circuit is generally a 1-5 volt reading, the higher the voltage reading, the higher pressure is being commanded.

7. The Green/Black (GN/BK) wire at FPDM pin 7 is a feedback signal sent from the FPDM back to the PCM.

Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.

I just wanted to check whether you still need assistance on this one.

Please let me know if you need additional info.

Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.

Please don't forget to rate if I have been of some assistance.