Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

What is a thermostatic air cleaner? 1986 Ford 350 460

Customer Question

What is a thermostatic air cleaner? For a 1986 Ford 350 460 engine. What does it look like. Where is it, where can I purchase it. My truck failed recent smog test.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** TAC, thermostatic air cleaner is mounted to the airfilter housing, there will be a large flexible tube going from the airfilter housing down to the exhaust manifold, this allow warm air to come off the exhaust manifold when it is cold, and this aids in reducing emmissions, it is vacuum operated, and opens when its cold and closes when its warm, below is a diagram of it, the 67 is the hot air tube and 55 is the TAC valve,Tim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Please dont forget to rate me, as this is the only way I get credit for helping, Thanks,Tim