Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have 2003 f250 6.0 diesel. It will not start when cold

Customer Question

I have 2003 f250 6.0 diesel. It will not start when cold until the 5th or 5th try. It turns over, revs and then shuts off. I took it to a mechanic and they replaced 2 valves and a sensor. The problem was fixed for a day then came back. I took the truck back to the mechanic and he said the fuel pressure was low and needed to replace the pump under the driver door for 1000$. I brought the truck home and did it myself. It fixed the problem for a day and then came back. What should I do next?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the fault codes checked at all?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
when I took it in the first time. It showed the sensor that they replaced. But I have not since then.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Once I get it running it doesnt show the engine light. Will it still have a fault code if I check it?
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

It should have a code set with the issue that is occuring here.If you can get the codes re checked and post the code info here this will help just let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will head into town and have them checked. It will take me a about thirty minutes to get back to you.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

O.k.,let me know what you come up with here.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No codes come up. I even went to the ford dealer.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

When it stalls out does it start right back up again?