EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Wiring tariler, no right signal and brake on trailer it is a

Customer Question

wiring for my tariler
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: no right signal and brake on trailer it is a wiring issue I'm looking for witch wire go to what in the 7 blade wiring connection
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just switched the green wire to the brown receivor as it is left empty thought maybe it is a wrong copnnector installed
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 8 months ago.

Hi. What year, model and engine is your truck?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2006 ford f350 diesel
7 blade wiring set up on bumber
bumper
right light and brake not working on trailer...the light works but the connection doesnot
I think I have thje wrong arrangement on the connector
6.0 litre
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hello?

hello?

Thanks for the info. Let me look up the wiring diagram for you.

Do you need the wire colors for each terminal?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It says the wire colour on each terminal but there is one missing on the trailer side with says brown which there is no brown wire
I thinhki there is two different set ups and I have the wrong one on the trailer

Do you think you need to purchase a different trailer connecter? You can test all the terminals on your truck with a test light to verify that all the signals and lights, etc are working. Then you know your trailer is definatly the problem.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tried for some reason none of the connectors would light up the tester maybe not grounded enough
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am going to the store to have a look at other connectors

Run a wire all the way from the battery ground to verify a good test light ground.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I got it with out you guys ...but I would like any advice for the re and re of my alternator

Ok. I can send you an offer for the workshop manual procedure to remove and install the alternator.