Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a ford escape 2003 and TROUBLES with the coolant, I'm

Customer Question

Hello; I'm Ariana Perez, I have a ford escape 2003 and I'M HAVIING TROUBLES with the coolant
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I'm leaving in Dominican Republic ans the weather here is super hot. I'm using Preston 50/50 coolant and I filled up the coolant tank 2 weeks ago and yesterday the light turn on and when I checked it was no coolant in the tank
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Maybe because I live here alone and I don't know any mechanic
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No, that's al all
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
JA: Waiting to talk to the expert reminds me of the time I talked to an expert when I had problems with my new cats. My three cats all came from a rescue mission and were scrawny scared little creatures when I got them. Who could ever be mean to a cat?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

If you found the coolant tank to be low again after having filled it 2 week earlier then you are likely dealing with a leak in the system. You are going to need to start first with having a cooling system pressure test performed which involve pressurizing the cooling system . Once you have it under pressure you should be able to see where the leak is and where the coolant it going. Are you able to have the pressure test performed.