Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2011 Ford Flex service told me had to replace pro unit, tell

Customer Question

2011 Ford Flex service told me had to replace pro unit, tell me it was overflowing thru the vent. Is there any other options besides replacing the unit.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Found small drips of oil on garage floor, just drove about 3000 miles recently and never smelled any burning. They say they found thick grease and metal shavings
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No, but is t a sealed unit or could it be just a faulty seal
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 7 months ago.

Hi, Thanks for the question but can you be more specific on what you are calling the pro unit ? There is nothing on the flex called that. Thanks.