Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My mother-in-law who is almost 84 has a 2001 Ford Ranger.

Customer Question

My mother-in-law who is almost 84 has a 2001 Ford Ranger. Began sputtering, loosing power. Has been in shop for 1 month, so far it has costs over 1700.00. She has purchased 3 FD DEF Converters, replaced coil pack, spark plugs, spark plug wires and no idea what else. It is worse now, can't even drive and it is still in shop. Mechanic has small shop, she even has to go to parts store to buy parts for this guy. Now he wants to try other things.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Were the rest of the ignition components replaced? Is the check engine light on? Are there any codes in the computer? Was the fuel pressure checked?