Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.
2921078

We replace all the cat convertors and still getting po430

Customer Question

We replace all the cat convertors and still getting po430 code
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

Hi there,

Since you are still getting the code and it's only on one bank, it looks like you may have a bad O2 sensor. If the pre cat sensor is causing a rich fuel mixture on that bank, then it could cause the code, by the same token, if the rear isn't working properly it can cause the code. If you have a scan tool that can read the live data of the O2 sensors, you can compare bank 1 with bank 2 and see if they are the same. The sensors should look pretty close to the same for all 4 of them. The fronts should look close and the rears should look the same. If not, then you should be able to pick out the one that isn't working properly and replace it.

It's not common for the sensors to cause the problem, however since the converters are new it should be safe to assume they are working properly.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!