Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 1995 f250 7.3 power stroke I traded rzr. 173000

Customer Question

I have a 1995 f250 7.3 power stroke I traded for my rzr. 173000 miles on the Truck and had a dp tuner chip on it. If the chip came unplugged the truck would shut off and not start until I plugged it back in. I put gauges in my truck so I unhooked both the negatives then hooked the gauges up. I got them hooked up and went to start it and the dp tuner chip wouldn't turn on or the truck. So I took the chip off and truck will start and run for 5 mins if my foots on the gas then shuts off like battery died or so,etching shorted out. Wait a few mins then try to start again but it crank no start then wait a few hours and have to jump it and starts right up then repeats with shutting off and crack no start
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Battery is quick to die like the atlnater isn't charging the two batteries but it's a new atlnater the person put in the truck looks pretty new
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I drove the truck right before I put gauges in it and took the dp tuner off then once I did that the trucks been having problems. It's do for an oil change and I need to put a fuel pump under the fuel bowl cause it's leaking a little
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This problem dose sound like you new alternator is not charging, before you do anything else can you take a volt meter and connect it to either batteries with the engine running and see what the voltage is. Normal voltage should be right at 14 volts with the engine running. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.