Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2002 f150 and the anti-theft will not let me start

Customer Question

i have a 2002 f150 and the anti-theft will not let me start the truck my husband is a mechanic how can we disarm it
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: anti theft is armed and wont let us start it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: we have replaced tranciever but that did not help yes we are like i said my husband is a mechanic but this one has got him
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no that is about it
JA: Our top Ford Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Ford Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Ford Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 8 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. How many keys have you got for this truck? more than 1 I hope? and did you try both? When you turn the key on, The anti theft light should stay on for a few seconds and go out. Does yours flash? or stay on after leaving the key on for a few seconds? Did he try to scan for codes? if so, what codes did he get? Thanks.