rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 96 ford e250 that does not go in reverse, it goes

Customer Question

i have a 96 ford e250 that does not go in reverse
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it goes in to neutral and forward
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
There are a multitude of reason this could happen from dirty or low fluid to dropping the pan and inspecting the valve body, shift solenoids and clutches. You can also do some bidirectional testing with a scan tool.

Thanks, Ron