Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

I have a 99 f250 powerstroke it kind of halfway goes into

Customer Question

I have a 99 f250 powerstroke it kind of halfway goes into over drive then comes then goes in halfway then comes back out it wont lock into overdrive. only one code so far some thing to do with the air intake but that's been there for the past 3 years
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: don't know what else to say truck runs good everything else seems to work good just started a couple days ago. have no lights popping up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. When this occurs I assume it drops to 3rd and pressing the OD cancel switch every couple of seconds does not result in a gear change?
  2. Are you sure its kicking out of 4th and its not just the converter unlocking?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it drops to third. od switch did seem to help the first couple of days but not anymore. I am sure its not goin into 4th rpms are to high bout 2000rms is 60mph. 2000rpms normally is right around the 70mph range. the truck has never shifted hard but I can tell when it shifts and its not even trying to get into overdrive as of today. I have a cheap obd2 scanner abs light came on had a 1229 and 1230 code pop up today did a ohms test on speed sensor had a bad speed sensor, replace sensor no codes now but still not shifting correctly. thank you for any help

Thanks for the update. We need to get into the trans pan to do some solenoid tests, inspect the valves in the valve body then do an air test on the overdrive clutch. Are these things you will be able to to do with my help?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

Please make sure to complete the rating on your screen when your pleased.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris