Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech
Experience:  36yrs.in Auto Industry, Aamco Trans.Master..
17290852

I have a 99 f250 7.3 4wd with a 4r100 installed new torque

Customer Question

I have a 99 f250 7.3 4wd with a 4r100 installed new torque converter front seal and Trans filter and fluid now engine bogs in reverse and in man1 gear only when the Trans gets warmed up
Category: Ford
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 8 months ago.

Hello , 2 things could cause you issue.....#1 your cooler flow is restricted....you can test by re moving the rear cooler Line.... in park it should put out over a Qt.. of fluid every minute or it will cause the torque convertor to apply in all gears......or you have a defective torque convertor .......if it drives in all forward gears ok....Thanks Joey

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The cooler has great flow and the torque is a new one it drives great except for reverse bogs down and in man 1low gear bogs down too
Could it possibly be the tcc solenoid being commanded on when no suppose to ? Can I unplugged the solenoid pack plug on top of the Trans pan rail to start it see if it bogs down if it doesn't would that mean I have pcm or solenoid problem

hi , yes if reverse works fine then its not your t,c,.....first thing then would be to replace the SOLENOID pack

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I unplugged the solenoid pack it did the same thing engine bogs down but only when Trans temp is up to temp

ok if that's the deal its internal needs to be built....with Sonax valve updates......mainly for the pump booster valve & sleeve & all bushings & sprags etc.....sorry to say.....please rate my answer ...oh & your computer is fine Thanks joey

17 years old its time

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just rebuilt it before this happened maybe have 6k on rebuild

ok , did you build I or someone else ive got questions on the rebuild as for parts installed ...ok

6000 miles I warranty all mine 2yrs unlimited miles....even drag racing units