rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2011 F150 XL I had a a/c working yesterday and

Customer Question

I have a 2011 F150 XL I had a a/c working yesterday and today when turn on only hot air coming from vents , I checking compressor working and is working even the line going inside cab is cool but cool air beside even hot air coming very hot no way to lower .
how can I repair .
thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
This is caused by a malfunction of the blend door for hot and cold. It sounds to me like it's sticking right now which means it is on it's way out. This is located under the dash inside the heater box. It's not an easy job to do either.

Thanks, Ron