Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

The explorer is locked and neither key fob will open it. My

Customer Question

The explorer is locked and neither key fob will open it.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My daughter was using the car. She claims she had electrical problems and then suddenly the car was locked and the key fobs will not open it. There fore I cannot even get inside the car to open the hood and charge the battery.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just pushing the key fobs to open th ecar or the hood. Nothing works. i cannot even get inside the vehicle to start the car.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: not really has always worked well.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 8 months ago.

What year Explorer?