Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I changed the fuel pump and its makes the ticking sound to

Customer Question

I changed the fuel pump and its makes the ticking sound to start but it won't start
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Ford Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I changed the pump. Hard to put a battery charge to get it going. When I turn the key it makes a ticking sound and then the lights flicker fast and won't turn over to start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just battery charger that's it
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: NOPE nothing else
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. Can i get the year, make, model, and engine?
  2. Do you own a volt meter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2009 Ford Flex regular. Don't know what a volt meter is

Will the headlights shine bright and will they remain bright when trying to start?

I noticed you opened a duplicate post which I requested closed since this post is still active and I am waiting on your response.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris