James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a Ford F350 Super Duty Platinum Edition & it should

Customer Question

I have a Ford F350 Super Duty Platinum Edition & it should have daytime running lights however, they are Not on. How do I activate them please? Thank you. Ken
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.

Hello, daytime running lamps are designed to come on when the vehicle is in gear. They will go off while idling and in park. If they still aren't working correctly a dealer can programmed them into the vehicle.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They do Not go on when the vehicle is in drive. Shouldn't the vehicle have come that way originally from the dealer? Since daytime running lights are pretty much mandatory on new vehicles?
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.

If you are in Canada it is a law. If you are in the U.S. The Daytime running lamps don't come standard because it isn't a law.