EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Just replaced side curtain air bags along with control unit

Customer Question

Just replaced side curtain air bags along with control unit drivers seat belt retractor and all lt & rt side sensors and air bag light still flashing . Codes are U2100 and B00A0 initial config not complete is what it says and we have made sure no pinched wires or broken ones and all items are plugged properly and locks pushed in on all plugs
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2012 ford F150 crew cab with 3.7
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 11 months ago.

Hi. You need to program the RCM by either using the old one, or downloading the configuration from Ford and then install it to the RCM.