Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My name is ***** *****. I was going to change my fuel

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I was going to change my fuel filters this evening but I only had time to change the upper fuel filter. I went though 6 cycles of turning the key on and off in 30 seconds intervals. I started the engine and got out to check for leaks and it died after about a minute. Now it will crank but not start.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was going to change my fuel filters this evening but I only had time to change the upper fuel filter. I went though 6 cycles of turning the key on and off in 30 seconds intervals. I started the engine and got out to check for leaks and it died after about a minute. Now it will crank but not start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.

Hello, what year is your vehicle?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2010 f250 6.4L diesel
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.

Did you replace the fuel filter cap o ring when you changed the filter? Is there any gap between the fuel filter cap and fuel filter housing?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did replace the "O" ring, and no there is no gap between the cap and housing. The cap is tight. The engine ran for a minute or so and there was no fuel leak observed at the filter cap/housing.
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.

The drain on the fuel pump wasn't opened was it? Do you have a way to test fuel pressure?