roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

2014 ford focus a\c is fully charged reading are normal on

Customer Question

2014 ford focus a\c is fully charged reading are normal on high and low side on hot days its feels warn ?? its cools when running but at idle it feels warn. i was told ford is experienceing some problems with this vehicle. the thermostatic swtich in the dash???
Category: Ford
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 8 months ago.

Hello, there were tons of problems with the evap temp sensors on the fusions, but not the focus.

Are you noticing a lot of clutch cycling at idle?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, i can't hear cycling. This problem started as per customer after he ran over a dog, he noticed a/c not cooling enough when outside temperature gets hotter than 90 or above. Condenser was changed out because it had minor damage but no freon was lost after accident. i also changed out shutter assembly because it was damaged too. Vehicle still doing the same thing after all this was done. I am interested in the thermostatic sensor switch in the dash. Could this be the culprit? Also squeezed high pressure hose. My high side didn't go up?

If the clutch isn't cycling a lot at idle and pressures are steady it's most liekly not any of the thermostatic switches.

LAck of cooling at the high temps at idle along with pressure not changing when you squeezed the hose along with the other info you provided helped a lot. I would do a full evac and see how much oil comes out of the system. It's very possible when the condensor was replaced too much oil was added. This would cause the problems you are having. Too much oil will give false pressure readings and it really shows up with decreased cooling at idle.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Follow ups concerning this are free even after you rate or accept.Thanks!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Mr.Wiggins on my 2014 foucs we evac the system 2 times added freon and oil as pre lables. the system was doing this after the accident,still do same after changing condenser and shutters. p/s i own a 2014 f-150 with the same problem my ford tech is telling me they experienceing the same. i live in deep so. texas where temps go to 90 and 100 on a daily bases
Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

what are the exact pressures when running???

Roy