john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field
6149662

Have a F250 with 5.4L engine, I drive it down the road, and

Customer Question

Have a F250 with 5.4L engine, I drive it down the road, and engine stalls out. Does not do this all the time. No Trouble Codes found. Took fuel pressure test, holds 36psi. Has new fuel filter. Could CMP sensor or CKP sensor cause this Or is this Electrica.
Category: Ford
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 11 months ago.

when it stalls does it restart? do you have fuel pressure when it stalls?

what year is it

?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Year 2003, yes it restarts after about 2 or 3 min, also checked PVC and hoses all good.

can you duplicate the stall with a fuel pressure gauge attached to see if it is a fuel pressure loss?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ben trying to do that. Put fuel pump in last week, drove it with no symptoms, four a week, did it again today. cleaned all ground cables and pos leads. checked relay, checked out ok, but replaced it. checked vacuum at pressure regulator, has vacuum, but should pressure psi go up or down with line not hook up.

did you check the fuel pump driver module?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is it in fuel tank?

no rear frame above spare tire

they tend to corrode from water and moisture

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will do that, hope that it is it. Let you know.

ok let me know

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will john. How good are you on Dodge trucks Troubleshooting????

yup

pretty good...

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK, it will be next after I get my ford done thanks.

great

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi john, me jimmy, checked for fuel pump driver module, under tire. does not have one. looked all over.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did notes fuel psi goes up to 40 when truck is off. stays at 34psi when running.

what does the psi drop to when it stalls...you may have the year before the driver module

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi john , truck would not start this moring. no fuel psi. checked fuse ok . how can I check relay ground

did you verify power at the fuel pump yet?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
will do that Monday work sunday.

k let me know