Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Trying to reset check engine light 1992 ford taurus gl 3.0L,

Customer Question

trying to reset check engine light 1992 ford taurus gl 3.0L
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: did code repairs and with my code reader i selet erase codes on screen reads successful but when i start car check engine light is still on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: tryed using code reader reset check engine light, disconnect battier
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: i read that some vehicles require codes to be erased manually. How is that performed?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. If the codes will not clear, then they are most likely a hard fault. And will not clear until the problem is fixed. What are the codes that you are trying to clear?